Skills Support for the Workforce & Skills Support for Redundancy
East Riding College are able to provide free courses to businesses until March 2023
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to up-skill employees within small and medium-sized businesses. We provide recognised accredited qualifications and tailor-made training courses to develop your employees’ skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy.
Benefits for the business and employees:
- Can be more cost-effective than employing skilled employees
- Training is tailored to meet the specific needs of your business
- Increases staff confidence, motivation and productivity
- Staff feel valued and it increases retention and loyalty
- Training flexibility; mix and match individual units to match your business or pick full qualifications
- On-the-job vocational training to meet individual needs; including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning, workplace
- No cost to your business or employees
Please refer to the leaflet ‘Training for your Workforce’ to see the current courses available.
East Riding College is a delivery partner for Skills Support for the Workforce. As a delivery partner, East Riding College design and deliver workplace learning courses across the Humber region to meet individual, employer and regional economic needs.
The SSW/SSR programme is fully funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and co-financed by the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) but employees must have been granted the time to participate and complete their agreed programme of learning. All training will be delivered either in the workplace or at a readily accessible nearby location.