Retailer, Level Two Apprenticeship
What is the course about?
The main purpose of a retailer is to assist customers when they purchase products and services, which requires a good understanding of the stock being sold, the variety of ways customers can shop and the ability to process payments, for example, using a till. Retailers must be passionate about delivering a quality service that always aims to exceed customers’ expectations. Therefore, retailers enjoy direct contact with a wide range of people and are motivated by completing a sale and knowing a customer is happy with their purchase. They can work in a variety of shops and other retail establishments: small boutiques, large high street chains, supermarkets and well-known department stores are just some examples
What will be studied?
- Know the customer profile of the business, appropriate methods for communicating with customers e.g. face to face
- Know the vision, objectives and brand standards of the business and how to contribute towards their success
- Understand the principles of operating commercially and supporting the overall financial performance of the business
- Know how the business positions itself in order to increase its market share and compete against its main competitors
- Know how to identify and determine individuals’ situation and needs and how to respond in the most appropriate way
- Understand the sales opportunities that exist across the year within the business and industry
- Know information on the brands, products and services as required by the business
- Know and understand the importance of brand and business reputation and what can affect it
- Understand how to increase sales through product placement
- Know how to operate technology such as customer payments
- Know how to support and influence the team positively
- Understand how personal performance contributes to the success of the business
- Recognise and understand legislative responsibilities relating to the business and the products and/or services being sold
You will need to achieve Level 1 English and Maths and to work towards and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths.
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Typical duration 12 months
Beverley, Bridlington, Employer premises/Location flexible, Hull
Flexible start dates