NCFE CACHE Level Two Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health (Distance Learning)
What is the course about?
One in ten children have a diagnosable mental health condition, and 75% of mental health problems have begun by the age of 24. Mental ill health can affect a young person in every area of their life, including family, school, friendships, the workplace and the wider world.
Mental ill health can be worsened by negative stereotypes and stigma from the media who portray mental illness as shameful and dangerous.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of mental health conditions including depression and anxiety, the legislation and guidance surrounding mental health, risk factors that may affect mental well-being and how to build resilience against these, and the impact mental health concerns may have on young people and others.
What will be studied?
- Unit 1: Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context
- Unit 2: Understand Factors which may affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Unit 3: Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Unit 4: Understand the Impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Unit 5: Understand how to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns.
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Beverley, Bridlington, Employer premises/Location flexible
Flexible start dates