Level Two Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship
What is the course about?
Warehouse Operatives work in a variety of warehouse environments. Work activities include taking deliveries, checking for damaged/missing items, storing goods, moving stock by various methods, picking/packing orders, loading goods for dispatch, maintaining stock records and documentation, and cleaning. You are required to safely use a range of equipment, machinery and vehicles, as relevant to their role and setting. This could include mechanical racking systems, materials handling equipment (MHE) or forklift trucks.
What will be studied?
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods
- Promote the values of the organisation; communicate effectively with customers and colleagues to identify and meet their need
- Work effectively in a warehousing team, including when under pressure, and to agreed deadlines
- Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Employer premises/Location flexible
Flexible start dates