Level Two Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities (Distance Learning)
What is the course about?
The primary purpose of this qualification is to help you prepare to enter, or progress within, employment where you work or interact with people with learning disabilities in a variety of roles. This qualification will be ideal for you if you’re working within health care or social care but may also be useful if you’re working in education or a housing support role. You can also take this qualification to support your progression into further learning within the health and social care sector. The qualification aims to help you develop your underpinning knowledge and understanding to support your role working with people with learning disabilities. You’ll explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in, or who are already working with, people with learning disabilities in a variety of roles.
What will be studied?
This qualification contains the following six mandatory units:
- Unit one: Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit two: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit three: Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Unit four: Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
- Unit five: Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Unit six: Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access health care
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Flexible start dates