Level Three Senior Chef Production Cooking Apprenticeship
What is the course about?
Senior production chefs may lead a brigade team or may support the head chef in larger establishments. They report activities to the Head chef or appropriate line manager. They supervise production chef teams in a variety of kitchen environments, for example; schools, hospitals, the Armed Forces, care homes and high street casual dining or pub kitchens. Job roles include Head chef, Second Chef, Kitchen Manager / Supervisor, Cook. Senior production chefs have accountability for the day-to-day running of the kitchen service, producing, monitoring and maintaining consistent food standards, legislative requirements and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
What will be studied?
- Supervise and contribute to the production of centrally developed standardised recipes and menus
- Supervise the production of dishes to meet specific dietary requirements
- Complete, monitor and maintain food safety management systems (which include delivery, storage, cooking and service) and work equipment
- Identify training needs and assist in the recruitment of kitchen personnel
- Maintain the catering operating budget using nominated suppliers and ensuring the control of waste.
- Support cost reduction, improve performance, revenue, profit margins and customers’ experience
- Monitor service to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Lead team briefings/meetings
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Beverley, Bridlington, Employer premises/Location flexible
Flexible start dates