Hospitality Team Member, Level Two Apprenticeship
What is the course about?
A hospitality team member can work in a range of establishments, for example bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers. The role is very varied and although hospitality team members tend to specialise in an area, they have to be adaptable and ready to support team members across the business, for example during busy periods. Specialist areas in hospitality include food and beverage service, serving alcoholic beverages, barista, food preparation, housekeeping, concierge and guest services, reception, reservations and conference and banqueting. The most important part of the role is developing fantastic ‘hospitality’ skills and knowledge such as recognising customer needs, knowing how to match them to the products and services of the business and working as part of a team to ensure that every customer, whether they are eating in a restaurant, drinking cocktails in a bar, ordering room service in a hotel or attending a business conference feels welcomed and looked after.
What will be studied?
- customer service principles, including customer satisfaction and meeting expectations
- business knowledge such as achieving targets, handling payments and stock, and unique selling points
- communicating with customers
- personal conduct
- team working, including leadership and supporting team members
- specialist skills: alcoholic drinks, barista, concierge and guest, conference and events, food and drink, food production, house-keeping, reception or reservations
- health and safety law, standards and regulations relevant to hospitality
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Beverley, Bridlington, Employer premises/Location flexible, Hull
Flexible start dates