HABC Level Two Award in Understanding Infection Prevention and Control in Health and Care Settings
What is the course about?
This course is aimed at those who work in hospitals, care homes, schools and nurseries. It raises the awareness of minimising the risk of infection.
What will be studied?
- Common healthcare-associated infections
- The chain of infection
- The importance of correct handwashing procedures
- Personal protective equipment role
- Linen management
- Decontamination process
- Blood and body fluids spill management
- Correct sharps management
- Waste management and associated risks
- Different roles and responsibilities within health and care settings.
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch