Level Two Commis Chef Apprenticeship
What is the course about?
A commis chef is the most common starting position in many kitchens and in principal the most junior culinary role. A commis chef prepares food and carries out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a more senior chef. The primary objective of the commis chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. Therefore, having the opportunity to experience, consider and value each section with a view to choosing an area where they feel most inspired. The learning journey of any chef will vary considerably from one individual to the next; however, it is necessary to understand and have experience in the basics that this role provides in order to progress to any future senior chef role.
What will be studied?
- Principles of basic food preparation and cooking
- Food safety standards, practices and procedures, and personal hygiene standards
- Stock checks, stock control and waste management
- Setting up, preparing and cleaning their working environment
- Identifying commonly used knives and equipment and their specific uses
- Team working and developing working relationships
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Beverley, Bridlington, Employer premises/Location flexible
Flexible start dates