Chef de Partie Level Three Apprenticeship
What is the course about?
A Chef de Partie is responsible for running a specific section of the kitchen. This type of chef usually manages a small team of workers, which they must keep organised so that the dishes go out on time and the work area remains clean and ordery. However, in smaller kitchens a chef de partie may work independently as the only persion in their section, also known as a station or section chef. The chef de partie reports to the senior chef and has a very important role in any kitchen.
What will be studied?
- Indentify how industry and food trends, customer preferences, seasonality, provence and global environmental factors influence the development of dishes and menus
- Understand the principles of food preparation and cooking, traditional and modern cuisine, taste, allergens, diet and nutrition to produce dishes and menus that meet business and customer requirements
- Support the development of and contribute to reviewing and refreshing menus and dishes in line with business requirements and influencing factors
- Identify how to maximise yield and quality, and minimise wastage of ingredient and other resources
- Know the food safety practices and procedures to ensure the safe preparation and cooking of food
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Bridlington, Employer premises/Location flexible
Flexible start dates