Level Two Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
What is the course about?
The Certificate in Mental Health Studies will appeal to a wide range of people with an interest in this complex and challenging topic – including health and social care practitioners, service users/survivors, and friends and families. It uses a holistic framework to explore ideas and practice in mental health – encouraging you to review your own beliefs and experiences and to challenge yourself and others on a more informed footing. It also examines how social, environmental, economic and political factors shape and constrain our understandings and experiences of mental health and distress.
Course Code PD013/1
What will be studied?
This course is made up of 13 units including:
- Unit 1: Understanding mental health
- Unit 2: Understanding stress
- Unit 3: Understanding anxiety
- Unit 4: Understanding phobias
- Unit 5: Understanding depression
- Unit 6: Understanding post-natal depression
- Unit 7: Understanding bipolar depression
- Unit 8: Understanding schizophrenia
- Unit 9: Understanding dementia
- Unit 10: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 11: Understanding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Unit 12: Understanding obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Unit 13: Understanding post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Flexible start dates