Level Two Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
What is the course about?
The Certificate in Mental Health Studies will appeal to a wide range of people with an interest in this complex and challenging topic – including health and social care practitioners, service users/survivors, and friends and families. It uses a holistic framework to explore ideas and practice in mental health – encouraging you to review your own beliefs and experiences and to challenge yourself and others on a more informed footing. It also examines how social, environmental, economic and political factors shape and constrain our understandings and experiences of mental health and distress.
What will be studied?
This course is made up of 13 units including:
- Unit 1: Understanding mental health
- Unit 2: Understanding stress
- Unit 3: Understanding anxiety
- Unit 4: Understanding phobias
- Unit 5: Understanding depression
- Unit 6: Understanding post-natal depression
- Unit 7: Understanding bipolar depression
- Unit 8: Understanding schizophrenia
- Unit 9: Understanding dementia
- Unit 10: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 11: Understanding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Unit 12: Understanding obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Unit 13: Understanding post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Ok I'm interested
Want to find out more about this course or any other course? Use the link below to get in touch
Flexible start dates